IBSC 2020 CANCELLED AND POSTPONED FOR 2021
After carefully monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic-related developments, we have determined that we will not be able to reschedule the IBSC 2020 conference given the number of uncertainties we will face in the coming months. This has been a difficult decision, but we believe it to be in the best interest of the health and safety of our colleagues and all conference attendees.
The official conference web site remains to be the central communication and information point for future announcements.
Thank you for your understanding and please stay tuned for further info about IBSC 2021.
8th Joint International PSU-UNS Bioscience Conference Organizing Committee
Towards the SDG (Sustainable Development Goals) Challenges
29 – 30 September 2020, Novi Sad, Serbia
Venue: University of Novi Sad, Faculty of Sciences, City of Novi Sad, Serbia
University of Novi Sad (UNS) and Prince of Songkla University (PSU) are delighted to announce that the International Bioscience Conference and the 8th Joint International PSU-UNS Bioscience Conference – IBSC 2020 will take place on 29 – 30 September, in Novi Sad, Serbia.
IBSCs are held every two years and represent the seal of a long-standing partnership between the Prince of Songkla University (PSU) from Thailand and the University of Novi Sad (UNS) from Serbia.
IBSC 2020 will follow the tradition of the previous conferences and will bring together experts to discuss and share state-of-the-art in the complex and multifaceted field of biosciences, with particular focus on contribution to the achievement of Sustainable Development Goals. Special emphasis is put on the environmental impact on the biodiversity and eco-physiology of the living organisms, biochemistry and biomedicine, natural resources of bioactive compounds and sustainable agri-food, along with other related disciplines and topics.
Main Conference Tracks
Track 1: Biology and Environment (biodiversity, environmental protection, plant and animal physiology, ecology, applied cellular physiology, environmental biotechnology, etc.)
Track 2: Biotechnology and Bioengineering (biocatalysts and applied enzymology, biofuels biomaterials, biosensors and instrumentation, computational and system biology, bioinformatics, plant-cell biotechnology, etc.)
Track 3: Biochemistry, Molecular Biology and Biomedicine (bioactive natural products, oxidative stress and immunology, molecular signaling, protein biochemistry, pharmacology of natural compounds, genomic and proteomics, drug designs, etc.)
Track 4: Agri-food and Biosensing (food technology, quality and safety, novel processing technologies, functional food, nutrition and health, food fraud and authenticity, food waste reduction and sustainability, climate change and its impact on agriculture etc.)
Plenary Speakers (the list will be updated)
Division of Bioscience, University Colleague London (UCL), UK
Prince of Songkla University (PSU), Thailand
Agriculture and Food Development Authority (TEAGASC), Dublin, Ireland
University of Naples Federico II, Italy
Track 1: Biology and Environment
- Sari Kontunen-Soppela, University of Eastern Finland (UEF), Joensuu, Finland
- Carmen Arena, University of Naples Federico II, Naples, Italy
- Adriana Basile, University of Naples Federico II, Naples, Italy
- Biljana Basarin, University of Novi Sad, Faculty of Sciences, Serbia
Track 2: Biotechnology and Bioengineering
- Wilaiwan Chotigeat, Prince of Songkla University, Thailand
- Viktor Nedović, Ministry of Education, Science and Technological Development of the Republic of Serbia, University of Belgrade, Faculty of Agriculture, Serbia
- Jelena Pejin, University of Novi Sad, Faculty of Technology, Serbia
Track 3: Biochemistry, Molecular Biology and Biomedicine
- Sílvia Rocha, University of Aveiro, Portugal
- Rossella Russo, University of Calabria, Italy
- Vassiliouss Roussos, University of Athens, Greece
Track 4: Agri-food and Biosensing
- Brijesh Tiwari, Agriculture and Food Development Authority (TEAGASC), Ireland
- Oliver Schlüter, Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Engineering and Bioeconomy (ATB), Germany
- Antonio J. Meléndez-Martínez, Universidad de Sevilla, Seville (Spain)
- Conference dates: 29 – 30 September 2020
- Abstract Submission and registration deadline: 31 May 2020
- Confirmation of abstract acceptance: The decisions about the acceptance of the contributions for the conference will be announced 3 weeks after submission.
|Student*||50 EUR||Until 31 May 2020|
|Young Researchers**||50 EUR||Until 31 May 2020|
|Participant||150 EUR||Until 31 May 2020|
|Late registration||200 EUR||After 31 May 2020|
* FOUR best student abstracts will be awarded a free of charge participation for the next conference in Thailand (IBSC2022)!
** not older than 34 years